Monday, January 19, 2009



Hi y'all! And for this post, I have a recipe to share. Here are some cookies that go perfectly with a tall frosty glass of milk. But be warned, they are for true chocolate lovers only! I took several of my favorite recipes, combined them and tweaked the recipe for our tastes and they came out yummy!

Triple Chocolate Cookies

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/3 c. cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (this enhances the chocolatey flavor)

Combine this in a small bowl, set aside. Preheat the oven to 375.

1 cup butter (2 sticks, no substitutes- TRUST ME real butter always makes for better cookies!)
3/4 cup granulated (white) sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar (I used light brown)
2 tsp. pure vanilla
2 large eggs

Beat these ingredients together until creamy. Gradually add flour mixture, beating only until well blended.

Then stir in:
1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Drop by teaspoonful (or tablespoonful, if you like them big) onto an ungreased baking sheet - I like to line my baking sheets with parchment paper- it keeps them from burning on the bottom. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes-I usually go about 9, I don't like dry cookies. Cool on baking sheet for a few minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!