Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Feeling Patriotic (or...Challenge Bonanza!)

I was feeling patriotic today, and I wanted to meet some challenges on some blogs that I frequent, so this little 4th of July kit is what I came up with. The challenge over at Cupcake crafts was to use this sketch to make a card:





I also wanted to meet the challenge over at Just Magnolia , so I used this sweet little Tilda stamp, mounted on a free svg shape that I got from Susan Bluerobots' blog , which I cut out of a scrap of navy cardstock, which I mounted on the blackout version of the same cut from a scrap of DCWV white Glitter cardstock, (which was left over from the Spark Latch box below) and mounted that on a square cut out from The Patriotic Card Kit from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff. Then I mounted it all on the 6x6 card that I cut from the cardsock leftover from the Patriotic Nut Cup. So, since I used all of those paper scraps AND digital images (The Patriotic Card Kit, and the 4th of July Bunting), I fulfilled the Digital Tuesday Challenge!
The card (front):
The card (inside):







The Spark Latch box:

I found the SCUT to cut this box at : http://www.scrappingtable.com/shapes.html under "boxes". I cut it from White glitter cardstock cut from DCWV's Glitter stack, and decorated it with the 4th of July bunting digistamp, which I hand colored using my BIC markers, Copic markers, White Uniball Signo pen, and Diamond Glitter Stickles on the star. I added white eyelets to the ends of the bunting, and threaded a sheer red ribbon through, repeating all the way around the box.




The Patriotic Nut Cup, which I found by going to the site linked above and clicking on "cups": Thanks for looking! Now hurry on over to the other designer's blogs, because one of them has a free digistamp for you for one week only!














Happy hunting!


18 comments:

  1. Love this card looks fab, i also love how you have carried the theme through to the inside, them colours are brilliant with this tilda...

    Thanks for joining us at cupcake, good luck hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creations, love them all..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Way to combine challenges! Thanks for visiting dTC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! You covered a lot of bases! great job. The card is fab, the whole package is fab
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you card and other projects, very patriotic. Thanks for playing along at the CCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set! I love how you used the flag/banner thingy around the box very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Great projects! I could decorate my whole dining room using your patriotic projects with Lindsay's projects this week! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute set Margie, You made all of the challenges work together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your project! it's very pretty! ~Olena~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing creations! Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous set. I love the card and the image is coloured perfectly. The colour scheme is lovely. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job getting all those projects done with just a few sheets of paper....way to be green! Love all the red white and blue, looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW what amazing projects! I can t even gegin to say which one is my favorite because they are too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, girl! You really rocked the challenges! And I love those "cups" you created.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a great set. You did a fab job combining all the challenges.
    thanks for playign along at the DTC this week.
    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wowzer, fabulous job!
    thanks for including the links...love it all, might have to go shopping!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Digital Tuesday Challenge!
    Blessings, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow amazing collection of creation...love them all!!
    Thanks for joining us at DTC and good luck.
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!