Thursday, October 28, 2010

Good Morning!

What a wonderful fall morning! I woke up to a crisp, cool morning and a beautiful sunrise!

The card that I have to share with you today is my first Christmas card this year...I am way behind last year! For some reason, I haven't been able to find my crafty mojo for a few weeks, and it has been somewhat of a challenge to make myself put together the cards and pages that I have! Ok, enough about me, on to my card!
I started with this sketch from Stampin Royalty :
I used a digital scrapbook kit from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff, "Winterland".
I embossed some cardstock with a snowflakes to go underneath the sled image, which was cut in a circle shape using my Cricut and Winter Wonderland Cartridge, which I also used to cut the sentiment "Warm Winter Wishes" in regular, then the shift in the light blue cardstock, which I embossed with my Swiss Dots folder. I layered snowflakes-the felt one was a stiffened glittery felt that I cut with my Doodlecharms cart and Deep Cut Blade, and some rhinestone snowflakes. I added pink flocked brads from Doodlebug, a deep red shabby seam binding ribbon, a clear acrylic snowflake with glittered red dots from Making Memories Fa La La line, and a red glitter brad by Making Memories.

The challenges that I am entering this card into are:

Thank you for stopping by my blog today! Now, grab a cup of coffee, and pop by the other designers' blogs for more crafty inspiration

Lindsay Weirich (Owner & Stamp Designer)
Cheryl Gorka (DT Coordinator)
Cindi Hooks
Diane Bove
Jennifer Bliss
Karin Martin
Laurel Seabrook
Leanne Garner
Margie Visnick(me)

Micki Harper
Rhonda Walker
Shannon Neparko
Tamara Bennett
Tracey Allen
Sometimes guest
Erin Bailey

26 comments:

  1. what a fabulous card!! I love all the layers and textures
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the sled looks great! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas card. Love the gorgeous colors and great image. Love the bling snowflakes. Nicely done!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the sketch! I love this set and your embellishments are awesome! Super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card, Margie.
    Great colours and embellies
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great colors on this delightful holiday card, Margie!

    Thank you so much for sharing it with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's die cut/punch challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Done! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like that simple stamp. Love the added touches on your bow and behind and around your sentiment. Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card! Love your embossing!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice card, love the texture!
    Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Margie, I love the image the ribbon the embossing, what a fab card! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those acetate snowflakes,Thanks for joining Southern girls latest challenge. Have a great weekend,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really lovely Margie, thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brautiful entry- such a fabulous card!:) Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls:)

    Hugz

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great take on the sketch! I love the embossing, and the fuzzy brads! Well done! Thank you for joining Fussy and Fancy this week! Lisa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, a great start to your Christmas crafting!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
    claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Probably my favorite Christmas color combo for this year! Love this.
    Thanks for sharing with us and for joining Speedy's Friends for our special anniversary week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ohh Margie this is gorgeous. The ribbon on top and the rhinestones are the perfect touch!!!!

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. great use of clip art and digipapers 9and die cuts too!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the colour scheme and the sleigh theme, Margie. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's Challenge and hope you will come back soon. Good Luck.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty design! I love the blingy snowflakes. Thanks for playing in a MyGrafico challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is wonderful! I love the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gotta love it when the weather inspires you to make a card!

    Love it!

    Thanks for playing at MG this week.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful card ! Love that set from LSS and the cricut sentiment... Thanks for joining us at MyGrafico Challenges this week! Come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a gorgeous card you have made. Thanks for playing along with Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight. Best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!