Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Little Fashion Designers...



My Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Layout for the Week:


I have had the idea for this layout for a while, but not the ambition...but when Lindsay came out with the new Sew Much Fun digistamp set, I knew it would be perfect for these photos, and I had a couple of Cosmo Cricket Material Girl patterned papers left from my March Counterfeit Kit that went with them as as well. The part of this layout that took ambition? The sewing! I have hand stitched on a few pages before, and I have had a sewing machine for a long time, but I never used the sewing machine on a scrapbook page before. I had to print the manual and figure out how to thread the darn thing (and the bobbin!), before figuring out how to sew with it on paper. It took a couple of hours out of my morning, but I figured it out! And now I know how to thread and use it, so it will be much quicker next time!

Close-ups Of The Digistamps I Used:

The measuring tape (from the new Sew Much Fun digistamp set)-I got the idea to print it on yellow cardstock and ruffle it from another DT member (I believe it was Karin!)I also printed a couple of the cross-stitched hearts for the journaling spots, also from the Sew Much Fun set, which I sprayed with various shimmer mists, then inked the edges with pink chalk ink, and went over the cross stitching with a light pink Glaze pen. The fab dress form digistamp is from the Posh&Trendy set, and I "dressed it up" with a bit of leftover yellow Glazed Bazzill, a scrap of pink gingham ribbon, and a pink ribbon rose.


The scissors, buttons, and thread are from the Sew Pretty digistamp set.Here are the digistamp sets that I used for this layout:

6 comments:

  1. Such a fantastic page Margie! The pictures are so cute and I love how may sewing themed stamps you used to decorate your page :) I love your tape measure too, it looks way better than mine did! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you used them all! Looks fabulous Margie, you always surprise me with something special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow wow wow!!! this is an awesome page!! I love it
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is an awesome page. I love how you added the extra touches such as the rose bud and ribbon around the clothing form and the measuring tape almost had me fooled thinking that it was the actual cloth one.

    Truly awesome page, love the pictures and know just how you feel about having taken a whole morning to figure your machine out. I do that everytime I break out my Cricuit machine :-)

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, margie, what a great page! I think I am going to follow along with the conterfit kit thing, your pages look amazing! And i LOVE that vintage look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!