Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love Notes

Well, I know Valentine's Day is past, but I still have lots of Valentine's day layouts and projects with my Counterfeit kit that I haven't shared yet, and that doesn't even count the pictures I haven't printed yet from this year!So, I guess you get to share the love with me for a little while longer ;-) Today's layout is one that I did for the Counterfeit Kit challenge blog. They challenged us:
LOVE LETTER CHALLENGE: Include a "love" letter on your layout to let that person know how much they mean to you.
Here is my layout:
I used the February 1st sketch from Stuck Sketches:

I chose to write a "Love Note" to my son-I worry sometimes that I don't tell him often enough how much I love and appreciate him, so I jumped at the chance and I am so glad I did!!

Supplies used: patterned papers from Teresa Collins, Making Memories, and Basic Grey, with stickers/embellishments from Cosmo Cricket, Martha Stewart, Echo Park, Pink Paislee, and Heidi Grace. The corrugated letters are cut from kraft paper with my Cricut and Plantain Schoolbook cart, and run through my Fiskars crimper.

The beautiful photograph was taken by a photographer friend of mine, Nicole McCoy.Love how it shows his soul in his eyes! And I have always loved his eyes!

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little boy and what a great idea to write a letter to him. I love your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margie, what a great photo. I can see he is an old soul! You are very talented! Thanks for stopping by my blog for the Twinery/Momenta blog hop. Your kind words mean so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is quite the soulful photo, indeed!!! Love it! What a sweet letter, you must be the best mom!!!! Loveeee your cardboard letters! Beautiful page Margie!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great layout - and he does seem to have to searching eyes, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love this page and it's great photo - and your letter is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margie, this is a wonderful layout! I love the texture in the titlework and that is a super adorable photo!! Thanks for hopping by today and helping Carri celebrate her birthday!!!! HUGS!!! Stacy
    http://scrapwithstacy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous photo and what a lovely letter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!